Last week I had a bad, stay-at-home, migraine. It was the kind that I get two to four times a year and they usually end in a trip to the emergency room. I was hoping that after my hysterectomy that these severe ones would go away. The good news is that I have only gotten two in the last year and was able to "ride them out" without going to the emergency room. In both cases, I finally stopped throwing up enough to get some medication down. And, eventually, felt better. Unfortunately, after the one last week, I still never felt 100%.
I noticed over the last few months that my neck was popping and clicking more than I ever remembered. Several co-workers and the doctor I have been seeing in Seattle had recommended I see a chiropractor. The thought of someone cracking my neck seemed a little too scary. So, like most things that don't seem like much fun, I procrastinated about calling and making an appointment. After a weekend of not feeling well after the Wednesday headache , I decided to call the doctor that was recommended to me by someone I trusted in the office.
When I called this morning and said why I wanted to come in, they cleared a 4:30 appointment for me. My first thought was... oh, today? I needed more time to adjust (no pun intended) to the idea. But, I decided to just jump in and take the appointment. She explained everything she was doing and after some massage and sonar treatment, she adjusted my neck and upper back.
I didn't like the sounds of it, but must say it feels better. I will need to go twice a week for a few weeks, but so far it was a positive experience. She also said (I of course knew this) that migraines are hard to end due to the difficulty in finding the exact chemical imbalance -- there are so many. She has found that if you wake up with them that they might be caused by lack of oxygen. She may want me to get tested to see how much oxygen I take in especially during sleep.
So, I can now say that I am cracked!
1 comment:
Oh reggie...you have always been cracked! Maybe I need an oxygen mask too. I can just picture us both at the camp site with our portable oxygen bottles...what a sight.
Post a Comment