Sunday, August 31, 2008

Long Weekend in Portland


Katie, Bonnie and I drove down to Portland Thursday afternoon. It was a good decision to leave so early. We didn't hit any traffic congestion at all, making it an enjoyable drive.

On Friday, Regina went to work but met us at noon and again at 3pm to tour preschools for Katie. We unanimously agreed about which school we liked better. The clear winner was Touchstone Preschool. Fortunately, it's only about 2-3 miles from the apartment we'll all be living in beginning Oct 1. It's such a relief to have found a suitable preschool for her. She really enjoys going to school, so I don't want to deprive her of that when we move. We're lucky they have an opening for her at Touchstone.

On Saturday, we adults took it easy. However, Katie was full of energy, as usual. So we took her across the street to a brand new playground where she played for a couple of hours and as usual, made new friends along the way. I love how social she is. Then we decided to check out the local COSTCO and can you believe it, we walked out of there with only two items! Amazing.

Today we had a lazy morning. After lunch, we decided to do some shopping at a nearby outlet mall. I was mostly looking for fall clothes for Katie since she's outgrown most everything she wore last year. I love shopping for her though! And today it was especially fun with all the sales.

Tomorrow we'll return to Seattle. I imagine we'll begin driving right after lunch.

No comments: