Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ron and Kathleen's Visit ~ First Full Day

I took Katie to school and we (Kathleen -my Mom, Ron - her husband, and Bonnie - my sister) all piled into the jeep and headed East. We were all hungry and opted to eat out instead of at home. It's more fun, afterall! I wanted them to try Twedes Cafe in North Bend. I enjoyed the fish and chips, while they each tried one of the 26 different hamburgers offered on the menu. They call it their Hamburgers A to Z. I'm not a big burger fan, so I'll just take their word for it that they're good.

Then, we got on I-90 East and ended up at Snoqualmie Pass. There we just drove around a couple of the exits, admired the beautiful vacation homes, and walked around Alpental even though the facilities are currently closed to the public.

Around dinnertime we picked up Katie and grilled salmon at home. It was a perfect way to end a day of showing Mom, Ron and Bonnie some of the scenery we get to enjoy every day living here.

No comments: