Monday, September 15, 2008

I wonder which apartment is on fire? Oh, no.

I drove home tonight from work tonight - my first time -and as I was driving up the hill to my turn I could smell smoke. I was talking with Sue and thought to myself I wonder which apartment is on fire as there are apartment complexes all over the place. As I turned onto Jefferson Parkway and worked my way to the top (where the complex is located) I thought the smoke and smell died down. I was just thinking - well it is not me - when I turned into the complex and saw all the fire trucks.

I quickly got off with Sue and tried to find a place to park as there were at least four fire trucks in front of my building (and beyond) blocking the road and my path to my parking spot. After finding a parking spot, I walked towards my building. Suzie, Katie and Bonnie had already gone home (they arrived safely) so I knew they were safe. But, was it my apartment?

After getting closer, I saw people walking past my building and to the building on fire. I didn't walk too close to it, but it looked under control but an ambulance was coming in so someone was hurt. Well, I thought I should at least go check in on the apartment so here I am.

Safe and sound. What a first night by myself!

1 comment:

Courtney Cunniff said...

Now, that would have been something! How scary...

You ready for some camping next weekend? Bring layers as the days will be warm, but nights will be low 50's. I chopped a bunch of wood so we can have a good fire in the evenings and mornings.