I head up to Seattle tomorrow (Thursday) so that we can take off Friday to go camping with some friends for the weekend. I grew up camping (tent - no trailers) as a kid sometimes on our own as a family and other times with family friends. They were some of the best times we ever had - as far as I am concerned.While we stayed at campgrounds -- yes with electricity and showers -- we never brought a TV and cooked on an open fire and camping stove. Suzie and I have camped on and off over the years, too. I have always insisted that we tent camp with no TV.
We have grown from a 2 person tent to a 4 person tent to now a 7 person tent. When they say 4 person they mean just enough room for four people to sleep. No extra room and I need some room to move around and keep my clothes in the tent! Katie likes the new tent because you can put up a wall to divide it. She has only been backyard camping with me in the 4 person tent so this will be a new adventure for her. She is excited, but I don't think she realizes what it will actually be like camping outside the entire time. I am sure that she will love it and want to go again.
As I get older, I realize that I am not the best at sleeping on the ground. We are bringing an air mattress for the first time! Katie will bring her Aero travel bed, too!
We will upload pictures when we get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment