Tuesday, May 27, 2008

You're Bothering Me!


Okay, so Katie and I were in the backyard this evening. I'm watching Katie as she kicks the ball around and I'm holding a bowl of yummy strawberries that we're both eating. It sounded like the neighbors were grilling and eating in their backyard. Their son, Tyler heard Katie playing and he called to her through the fence that separates our yards. Katie was totally ignoring him, which surprised me because she is usually so excited to make contact with him. I called her over to me and quietly asked her why she wasn't responding and she said he was bothering her while she was busy exercising! So, I told her it was really rude to ignore him, and he could see her through the space between the wood slats, so he knew she was there but not answering! I asked her how she would feel if someone ignored her and she quickly said she wouldn't care. Hmm, that tactic didn't work. Okay well, I asked her to please just run over there quickly and tell him she'll talk to him tomorrow. So, she turned and ran over to the fence and said, "You're bothering me! I don't want to talk to you!" Hey, wait a minute! That's not what I asked her to say! She ran back out into the yard and continued to kick the ball around. I called her over to me again and told her that wasn't the nicest thing she could have said. And she probably hurt his feelings. I could tell he was still standing there, but was no longer saying anything. I insisted she go over there and tell him she was sorry and that she had to go now but would talk to him later. Fortunately, she went over and said something close to that anyway, so hopefully it ended on a positive note afterall.

Before all this happened, Katie and I ate dinner at Red Robin. I ordered my usual veggie burger with sauteed mushrooms and swiss cheese on whole wheat. Well, they were out of veggie burgers but they did have Boca burgers, another kind of meatless patty. I said I would try it. Well, I have to say that Boca patty was disgusting! The consistency and the fake beefy taste were just not to my liking at all! So, I had a mushroom and swiss sandwich and learned my lesson that those two patties are NOT interchangeable!

Only about 45.5 hours until the LOST finale begins! Anyone else out there a huge LOST fan, like I am?

No comments: