Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yikes, Surgery Tomorrow!

Today was good. Regina worked from home. I heard her on the phone most of the time when I was here. I spent the afternoon at Mel and Courtney's holding one baby or the other. Courtney is back at work now so Mel's going solo with the twins during the weekdays. I want to go over and help out as much as she'll have me, so I hung out this afternoon and did what I could. I got to give Jack a bottle today! That was the first opportunity for me, since Mel is primarily nursing both of them. Also, it's been 4 years since I've changed the clothes of a newborn, but I got the chance to see if it would come back to me when I changed each of them into a new outfit. I was telling Mel that when Katie was newborn, I used to pay special attention to her fingers and thumbs as I was pushing the sleeve down over her hands and arm. I worried that one of her fingers would get caught in the sleeve and pushed in the wrong direction. I'm happy to report that it never did happen when I was dressing Katie and it didn't happen today with Avery and Jack. It's just one of those million little things you worry about that will probably never, ever happen, but still, it stuck in my head.

I also refused to have an area run in Katie's room because one time I imagined that I was carrying little, newborn Katie and I tripped on the edge of the rug, and fell and dropped her, etc... It never happened, nor did it even come close to happening, but once I had that image in my head, I just couldn't have an area rug in her room!

Okay, so I'm getting mentally prepared for my long awaited sinus surgery tomorrow morning at 9:15. We have to be there at 7:45 which means poor Katie will be dropped off at her pre-school at about 7am! She's never been there that early before!

Because this is outpatient surgery, we should be home early to mid afternoon. Perhaps even earlier. It's hard to say for sure. I'm sure Regina will post an update as soon as she can.

And, if you're interested in browsing, here's my ENT's web site: Dr. Lisa Mulligan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I didn't need to see all those instruments they will be using tommorrow! What were you thinking looking that up??? Just be sure to get extra Percocet. See you Sunday and hang in there. We will be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I knew this morning when I woke up that today was the day! Regina, do let us know how Suzie is doing! I hope relief and healing comes VERY quickly!!!