Sunday, March 9, 2008

Awww, he's so sweet!

Look who came up to the back door this morning! Katie was delighted. He appeared to be friendly and cared for, so she and I went out on the back patio and spent a few minutes with him. When he realized we weren't going to feed him, he decided to move along.

Regina drove back to Portland this afternoon, but not before we visited Mel, Courtney, Stef and the babies. We ate lunch with them, held babies and just hung out. Being over there is like a time warp, I have to say. Time passes so quickly when we're there, for some reason. Regina left at about 2pm, while Katie and I hung out for a couple more hours without even realizing it. When we arrived at home, I got confirmation that Regina had made it safely to her comfy apartment down there and was in the process of getting ready for the upcoming work week.

The daylight is getting longer, which allowed us to go over to one of the neighborhood parks and play with kids who were also out. Katie just adores our next door neighbor, Tyler, who is a year younger than she is. She was so excited to find him at the park with his parents. So, they played for a while.

Now we're back inside and Katie needs a bath. Time to begin the bedtime routine. I'm tired.

No comments: