It is hard to believe that we have been running between Portland and Seattle for three months now. December flew by and with all the newness of the job, surroundings and "two-city lifestyle" it didn't even seem to be much effort. They came down one weekend; I went up one weekend. January went even faster as it was full of house staging activities, and Katie's Sunday party schedule. I sure thought we mastered the two-city lifestyle!
Then February hit. The travel wasn't too bad but now the house was on the market and Katie was more in tune with what Sunday really meant -- part of the family was driving back to a different home. I also think it is harder on Suzie and Katie now that the cats are with me (and harder on the cats, too, as they love the attention they get from the two cat lovers in the family).
It is now March and we struggle with how to keep doing this. Katie has such a great school teacher and is really doing well there. Everything is so much easier in Seattle as we know how to find or get anything we need. I keep learning new areas in Portland, but we are not really sure where we will end up. I have a hard time even thinking about putting Katie in school here only to move her once we find out what part of town we will really settle into for good. So, for now, we live for the weekends.
We got spoiled as our last three moves have been easy -- 1st day listed, 32nd day listed and 5th day listed. We just hit the 21 day mark -- with little activity. We know that the market is about 90 to 180 days but you don't really think your house will be the one that is on the market the longest. There are so many families in our neighborhood that have been transferred outside of Washington so I am sure that doesn't help either -- so many signs, so little activity.
It is 2:20 and they have been gone for about 30 minutes. I must say... it is easier for me to be the one driving. Sunday afternoons and evening are the hardest for me after they leave. Once I get into the week I spend extra hours at work and the days blend together until Friday. I guess it is time to get ready for the week in Portland...
No comments:
Post a Comment