Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day 2 Post Op

Last night I was able to breathe through my nose so I got several hours of uninterrupted sleep (in my bed, not the recliner)! Hooray! However, I woke up with a headache this morning. Even so, it wasn't as painful as most headaches I woke up with before the surgery. A warm saline rinse and pain medicine helped immensely.

It snowed overnight, again. Katie was overjoyed once again to find newly fallen snow when she woke up. She and Regina spent a lot of the morning outside playing in it. They also went to one of our neighborhood parks where Katie said she almost touched the sky in the swings.

While they were outside, I made a batch of whole wheat buttermilk biscuits. For lunch we packed up the biscuits along with the leftover beef stew Regina whipped up last night and we made our way over to Courtney and Mel's to share it with them. Once again, we had a relaxing afternoon hanging out with them, while we ate, visited and held babies. Even though I didn't feel all that great, being with friends and cuddling with a sleeping baby somehow made me forget.

No comments: