
The Easter Bunny brought Katie this Goofy toy because she's been doing such a good job on the potty. As you can see, she's keeping up with her vow to wear tights everyday forever and ever! The poses she comes up with when I get the camera out crack me up sometimes. All I ask her to do is give me a nice smile, not too big, and this is how she translates that request!
Regina flew to NYC today for work and will return Tuesday evening late. She'll stay here and work from home on Wednesday and Thursday since it would be silly to drive back to Portland for those two days only to drive back up here on Thursday evening for my sinus surgery on Friday. I have to be at the hospital first thing on Friday, 7:45am, I think. Regina is taking next week off to be here for me since I won't be feeling so great. I'm getting nervous about how awful I will feel right afterward. I'm imagining it will be just one big horrible sinus headache. I just hope the pain medication works well, or knocks me out so I sleep through it.
Today I'm beginning the process of organizing things so Regina can easily find whatever she needs while I'm out of it next week. In particular, I need to have the pantry stocked and the refrigerator purged of expired food. I found several containers of yogurt that expired back in November!
Katie is outgrowing her clothes and many of the things in her dresser no longer fit. I need to get those out of there so Regina won't have to worry about remembering which fit and which don't.
Also today I want to try this recipe I have for bran muffins. I'm hoping Katie will like them for breakfast. I'm looking for ways to get her to do poopies in the morning before going to school so we reduce the risk of her having messes waiting for us when we pick her up in the afternoon. She had a great potty weekend, mostly though because we were diligent about making sure she sat on the potty several times throughout the day. At school however, they aren't always able to remind her with the same regularity that we do. So, if I can get her to go in the morning before school, we have less chances for messes in the undies!
No comments:
Post a Comment