Monday, March 17, 2008

Back from Portland

Katie and I are home. Got here yesterday evening and brought the kitties with us. Katie is so pleased to have them here, as am I. It was lonely without them.

They seem to recognize the place as their home and have been at ease since we got here. Today they followed me around a lot and therefore got a lot of my attention.

Last night I found Katie on the couch in the family room, watching TV, with Hudson in her lap. She was about as happy as she could be.




This afternoon I found them napping in the rocker in Katie's bedroom. I'd never seen them nap there before, so I guess they're exploring.







Yesterday we did end up going to the zoo in Portland and hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning I'll post a short video of that.



Here is a picture of Katie having a good time in the petting zoo. She and I spent a good amount of time in there, which she enjoyed so much she didn't want to leave. She loves animals, that's for sure.

Oh, and I am shocked to report that this evening, for the first time in Katie's 4 years of life, I heard her say, and I quote, "Mom, thanks for making such a great dinner tonight. I loved it and want to eat it every day, forever! I'm so glad I tried it." Well, I thought I would NEVER hear her say anything even remotely close to that! She is such a picky eater and usually refuses to try new things, which makes meal planning frustrating and well, quite frankly, boring. But, I went out on a limb tonight and made something new and I'm still in shock over her response. I'll post the recipe later. It's a very easy-to-make casserole.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Kate looks sooo happy! I knew she loved having the cats around but what a smile!

Anonymous said...

Yes post the casserole! If it has Katie's stamp of approval, it has to be good! So how long will you keep the kitties? What will you do while the house is being shown? I hope it goes well for ya. Thanks for posting all the pictures...I'm watching the video next. I love seeing Katie's smiling face. It makes me so happy. :-)