Today we spent the afternoon at
Lee Farms in Tualatin, not far from our apartment. They had some kiddie rides, most of which Katie went on and enjoyed them all. They also had lots of animals, some of which we got to pet, like the baby chicks. Only grownups were allowed to pick them up, so I held one in my hand while Katie stroked its fuzzy little back. One of them didn't appreciate being held very much and tried to jump out of my hands until Katie touched him and he settled down almost immediately. We now call her "the chick whisperer"! I was impressed with how gentle she was with such a tiny, fragile animal.
They also had a litter of puppies. We counted 7 of them. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to touch them, so we just watched as the Momma dog nursed them. They were still pretty small. I don't think they were walking yet.
We also enjoyed some treats they had available. Donuts and kettle corn! Yum.
Katie, Regina and I picked out a couple of pumpkins, which we made into jackolanterns. Here's a picture of our creations... Regina did the first one and mine is the second one pictured here.

No comments:
Post a Comment