Katie and I went out to get some lunch at Red Robin (which we both enjoyed) and then to the bookstore for some new books. We ended up at Target before coming home. Anyway, when we left we closed both bedroom doors as the cats have been running and jumping on the furniture and knocking over things.
When we came back after about three hours, we didn't see either cat. As I was putting some kitchen things away, Mater came flying out from behind the microwave on the counter (which by the way made me jump). But where was Hudson?
Katie searched under the couch and chair, I looked in the bedrooms -- although we were sure they were both out when we left. After giving up -- worried he ran out the door when we were unloading -- I decided we earned a ghost (the Halloween version of peeps). As I walked into the kitchen, I noticed the drawer to the ovwn was open. We got a flash light but nothing was in the drawer. I decided to pull the draw all the way out and there was Hudson -- under the oven. He came out and I put the drawer back. I noticed that there is about a three inch by three inch "hole" in the corner base board (the oven/stove is near the corner and where the cabinet meets the corner and the oven meets the corner is open). I am still not sure how he fit!
Fun times!
2 comments:
I was afraid to read this post based on the title...I was afraid he ran away. Glad to hear he was just hiding under the oven, phew!!
I was afraid to read it, too! But, I figured it certainly must have a happy ending if you put it on the blog rather than call.
Post a Comment