Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 6 of 21-Day Cleanse

I'm continuing to stick to this 21-day cleanse (no alcohol, caffeine, gluten, animal products or sugar)and am doing okay, minus this stubborn caffeine-withdrawal headache that continues to linger. Tonight, however, I'm really fighting the urge to cheat on cheese pizza and ice cream. Regina also bought some evil cupcakes that she and Katie enjoyed with their ice cream. So far, I've not allowed myself to indulge.

Today we bought 2 new car seats for Katie. One for each of our vehicles. Katie has been in the Britax Marathon since she was about 8 months old and recently we've noticed that she's just too big for it. Regina did some research and since we like the Britax brand, we agreed to get their Frontier model.

We drove over to the baby-stuff store and bought two of them, only to discover that it cannot be installed in our Jeep because the seat belt isn't long enough! I'm so thankful we took them up on their offer to install it for us because if we had taken it home and tried it ourselves, it would have driven us crazy trying to make it work. It would have never occurred to me that the seat belt might not be long enough to strap the seat into place, so I would have assumed we were doing it wrong. AND, if we'd taken it home and tried the installation ourselves, they wouldn't have let us return it. But, since the seats never even left their parking lot, they knew we hadn't done anything to them and were willing to take them back. So, per their recommendation, we bought the Graco Nautilus which they said is of equally good quality, at about half the price. Katie says she's more comfy in the new seat and she's especially excited about the built-in cup holder and it also has open space inside each armrest for her to stow things away for easy access during a car ride.
So now, we're wondering about what do we do with these two used car seats? Do people buy used car seats?

1 comment:

Melanie Ostergard said...

You sell two used car seats to your friends with twins who need two of everything! I just emailed you about them...