On Monday I began a cleanse I read about in Kathy Freston's book Quantum Wellness. She recommends doing this cleanse for anywhere from 7 to 21 days, at least once a year. It's really pretty simple. Just cut all of these things out of your diet: caffeine, alcohol, gluten, sugar(artificial sweeteners too), and all animal products (meats and dairy products).
So, you're probably wondering just what IS on the list of foods that I CAN eat. It seems like there is nothing left, after excluding all those things. Basically fresh, whole foods and water. That is, fruits, vegetables, non-gluten grains like rice, beans and nuts.
This is my third day of doing this cleanse and I'm doing okay, considering. I love coffee, so I really miss that. I tried drinking decaf, but since I can't put any sort of sweetener in it, I've chosen to just not have coffee at all while I do this. The other thing I really miss is sugar. I love the sweets, which is just one of the many reasons why I've battled my weight all my life.
Yesterday I woke up with a throbbing headache which I'm blaming on caffeine withdrawal. Imitrex gave me some relief, as did other pain medicines taken throughout the day. I went to bed feeling okay last night, although it wasn't completely gone. This morning I woke up with the same sort of headache, but less intense. Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up headache-free.
No comments:
Post a Comment