Katie went to a birthday party this afternoon for one of her friends. It was held at KidzBounce in Preston, WA. I love parties there because it really gets all the "crazies" out!
On the way to the party, Katie was so proud of herself because she pointed out that I was about to go in the wrong direction to get to the "bouncy room", as we like to call it. I was sitting at a light, positioned to go straight, when she said, "Momma, you're supposed to be going that way," as she pointed with her thumb to the left. I immediately realized she was right! She knew that we needed to go left to get to the bouncy room and that if we wanted to go to her "old" school, we would go straight. And, she knew I was in the wrong lane to go left at that light. That was the first time she'd ever given me any clue that she knows how to get to places when we're out driving. I guess she DOES pay attention, even though it sure doesn't seem like it most of the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment