Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One small step, One big pain

One of my souvenirs I brought home with me from the cruise last month was a nasty case of plantar fasciitis. Talk about painful! I ran down the long hall to our cabin, barefooted, and my right foot has been in pain ever since. It's happened to me before, but in the other foot, and it healed within 3 days on its own. This time I've not been so lucky. Last week I finally saw my doctor about it and I've been following his treatment recommendations. Massage with a golf ball followed by ice and also ultrasound treatments. Since starting those things, it's definitely getting better, but it's not yet gone. He also recommended investing in a good pair of shoes designed for plantar fasciitis. Well, that cost a small fortune, but it sure makes walking around all day much more comfortable. I've never spent so much on a pair of shoes, I have to admit and it wasn't easy for me. Regina is much better than I am at spending money, but I think she would say I'm beginning to get the hang of it. She manages our finances and balances the checkbook. From Portland she can follow my trail of debits which is beginning to show that I'm doing a fine job developing my ability to spend! That doesn't mean I don't feel guilt about it, though!

2 comments:

Melanie Ostergard said...

I can sympathize on the spending issue now that I'm not working. I feel like I have to get permission and I feel guilty spending the money. I'm still getting paid until Feb so I feel a little less guilty, but when Feb comes, it will be even harder.

Courtney Cunniff said...

Oh, you two...it is just money.