"Momma, what is that? What are you putting
on?"
"It's my bra."
"Why are you putting on a bwa?"
"It holds my boobies up so they don't fall
down."
"But, why don't you want dem to fall
down?"
"Well, it's more comfortable if I have a bra on
to hold them up. And, I think it looks better."
"I want one!"
"Oh, your boobies are still small enough that
you don't need one yet."
"But we can wook for a small bwa to fit my
wittle boobies. Pweese, Momma! Can we?"
"Ok, sure. Next time we're at the store, we'll take a
look..."
I'm curious to see if she ever brings that up again.
Last night she interrupted whatever we were talking about and said, "Momma, I don't want you to die. I don't want anyone in my family to die."
She's also asked me several times in the last few weeks if I would help her to live forever. I said, "Well, I can help you to live longer. Here's what we need to do. Eat good food and only a little junk food now and then. Exercise. Go to bed when you're supposed to so you get enough sleep." Of course, I could have gone on with more things to do, but I figured those three things were enough for her 4-year-old brain to ponder. Then she said to me, "You need to do those things too so you don't die and you can help me live forever."
She's increasingly interested in being a big girl. Last night, she was really into it. When we got home from Portland around 8:30pm, she had a light dinner and afterward, she wanted to help me wash her dishes. So, I filled up the sink with soapy water, pulled up a chair for her to stand on and as I washed the dishes, she rinsed them and placed them in the rack to dry. It's fun to watch her try to figure out how to position each of the dishes in the rack. Then, we parted ways and next thing I knew, she had pulled out a new pair of Disney jammies from my suitcase, ripped off the tags, and had put them on. She also had on a fresh pair of underwear to wear to bed, instead of a pull-up. She was certain she could go all night and wake up dry. After she modeled her new jammies for me, she announced, "Well, now I need to cwean up dis mess I made. It's portant (important) I do dat." And she proceeded to pick up all of ther toys she had spread out all over the family room in the short time we'd been home. Her next chore, she decided, was to fold the towels I had just taken out of the dryer and they were in a pile on the couch. When that was done, she told me it was time to brush her teeth. Okay, now at this point I'm freaking out a little bit. Who was this kid? And where was my Katie?!
So anyway, those are some of the gazillion things on Katie's mind recently.
More to follow, I'm sure...
No comments:
Post a Comment