Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Schools For Katie

Since Suzie and Katie will be moving down to Portland at the end of September, we started to look at school options. We really like the program she is in up in Seattle (Bright Horizons) but the school here is associated with Nike and IBM. The employees of those companies get the first spots and then it is open to "transfers" (which we are). Unfortunately, they have no openings until June. It was located out of the way for both work and the new apartment so I guess it is better for all to find something new.

I started to look for programs closer to where we will be moving to in Lake Oswego, OR. The move to this apartment will be my third move but I am enjoying getting to learn the different suburbs. I narrowed it down to two - a KinderCare facility and The Touchstone School. Both have a pre-k program and Kindergarten. KinderCare wanted to test Katie to see if she was ready for Kindergarten. We tour both this Friday. It will be fun to see how Katie does "picking out her new school." I worry she will want to stay and play with her new class! Both offered to have Katie try out the school for a day, too.

The nice thing is that both of these schools are close to the new apartment (1.5 and 2.5 miles away) and on the way to the office which is about 7 and 8 miles away from the school. If we like these schools as a pre-k option, both have kindergarten, too.

More after we tour!

No comments: