Sunday, February 24, 2008

Driving Back to Portland

The drive is actually pretty easy when there is no traffic but it gets harder and harder to leave Katie behind... mostly because she doesn't want me to leave. It is interesting when they come down here we spend all of our time as family time - which I love. When I go home, we tend to spend Regina and Katie time and Suzie and Katie time. I know why it happens - we each get some alone time to get things done but it is fun to just be together -- like on vacation.

It has been so nice with sunny skies I hope we are hitting an early spring as it makes the days and especially the drives back and forth between Seattle and Portland much easier.

Let's hope for no more rain!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

I agree, it seems like we spend more time as a family when we visit you in Portland. And it does feel like a vacation. I suppose it's because when I'm here at my "place of work" (home) there is always something I need to do, whereas when we're in Portland at your apartment, I don't have any chores or projects to take me away from family time! That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to visiting you in Portland next weekend! I'm definitely beginning to prefer it when we go down there more than when you come up here.