Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Banana Blueberry Muffins

2 ripe, medium bananas
6 tb margarine or butter
6 tb brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
1 cup frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained

  1. Puree bananas in blender (1 cup)
  2. Beat margarine and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Mix in bananas and egg.
  3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon peel in medium bowl. Blend into margarine mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
  4. Line 8 large muffin cups with paper liners. Spoon batter evenlying into cups.
  5. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. (22 minutes works best for me)

Most of the time I omit the grated lemon peel and sometimes I leave out the blueberries. I've also made them with mini chocolate chips instead of blueberries - Katie definitely approved of that variation.

No comments: