Friday, February 22, 2008

The Bible - A Children's Book?

Out of all the books we have for Katie, this picture book bible is definitely my least favorite. I mean, none of her other books talk about murder, floods that destroy the entire population minus a chosen few, betrayal, harsh punishments, etc. It was given to us with the very best of intentions and even though I don't enjoy it at all, Katie often requests that we read it to her. She picked it out this morning and asked me to read several pages. I suppose I could just put it away, but it's gonna come up eventually, anyway.

1 comment:

Regina said...

It is so hard to find a balance between religion and shielding your child to all that happens in the world - the bible or the nightly news. I think the solution is finding an age appropriate version for Katie.