Thursday, December 25, 2008

We're Enjoying a Very Merry White Christmas Here!

What a treat! I can't remember when I've ever had the pleasure of opening presents on Christmas morning while snow was actually falling outside. But that's what happened this year. It's so incredibly beautiful and even as I sit here writing this blog, I am looking outside the window in our office and I see the snow coming down even heavier than it was earlier. There's no wind, so it's falling straight down, gently, but quickly. It looks to be good packing snow, so Katie will have a great time today building things.

We have friends coming over today, provided they can make their way through all this snow, so Regina is outside right now shoveling the driveway and walkway for them. Katie is all bundled up and is out there too, building a snowman, it looks like. I volunteered for the "inside" job of cleaning up before they arrive. I've got Christmas music playing on my iPod and the fireplaces are going. It's a beautiful, perfect day to be celebrating Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does look like you had a "picture perfect" Christmas day! I hope your friends made it safely and you had a wonderful day with everyone.