I was also reminded of some feedback I received after I sent out that particular DVD. A family member who does not have any kids said that after seeing all the footage of Katie, especially the end where she discovered snow for the first time, he realized why people have kids.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Christmas 2005 Video Flashback
This morning after I dropped Katie off at school I continued on to run a couple of errands, one of which was to shop around Linens and Things to take advantage of their going-out-of-business sale. I volunteered to get some things for Christmas for two needy families in the area. I figured I might as well save some money while I'm at it, right? Anyway, I was walking around the store and of course they're playing Christmas music now. The Christmas Canon by Trans-Siberian Orchestra came on and I was overcome by emotion. My eyes welled up and I had to pause and listen. Sounds corny, I suppose, but this song immediately brought back memories of when we had just moved to Fall City and Katie hadn't even turned two yet. In my Christmas 2005 DVD I distributed that year in Christmas cards I used that song at the end when Katie was experiencing her first snowfall. I adore that part of the video. As soon as I got home, I put it in and watched it. Seeing Katie, my sweet baby, again at that age filled my heart with such fond memories. I can hardly believe she's turning FIVE this year! Anyway, I figured out how to transfer the DVD to a format I can upload to the blog. Don't worry, I'm not uploading the entire 30-minute DVD. Just the last 3 minutes. So, if you're interested, here it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I really like all the video you capture and put to music. Katie will have a lot of great memories to look back on if you keep it up!
"Overcome by emotion" doesn't even beging to describe it as I watched the video.
I love that song and really enjoyed watching this video again. It's hard to believe that Katie was that little once. Thank you for sharing it.
Post a Comment