Friday, February 20, 2009

Katie and Her Buddy

I picked up Katie from school early today so she could come home and spend the afternoon playing with one of her friends who goes to the same school, but she doesn't attend on Fridays. Because the weather today was so perfect, we took a walk and ended up at a playground where the girls spent most of the time on the swings.

We had a little trouble with Katie being jealous of any attention we paid to her friend. We had to be really careful not to show any preference at all to her friend, which made things more complex than they really needed to be, but oh well. Eventually we convinced her that even though we interact with another child, we don't love her any less. She's not really interested in sharing her parents with anyone right now.

So anyway, after we got back to the apartment, they were silly and I got the camera out. That energized them even more as they hammed it up for the camera.


At this age, unfortunately, their favorite topics always include private body parts, body functions and fluids/waste. All things gross are of particular interest. So, of course, they thought it was hilarious that I was willing to take a picture of them showing me their butts. Fortunately, it didn't occur to them to show me their bare butts. That's reserved for when they're teenagers, I suppose.


And finally, they're worn out - at least until their second wind kicks in... (I have to admit though, this picture below was posed - they weren't really sacked out on the floor!)

No comments: