After lunch today, Katie and I vacated the premises so Regina could have some time to herself to watch the Superbowl without distractions. Of course, I couldn't care less about the game, so I didn't mind missing it. I have to say though, I do enjoy the commercials. But these days, you don't even have to watch the game to see the commercials. They've become an event in themselves.
Katie and I went to a nearby playground and she played for a couple of hours there. Fortunately, we had good weather today. By that, I mean it wasn't raining. It was still cloudy and cold though. By the time she finished playing, we needed to warm up. Katie's little hands were icey!
I decided we could head over to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner and games. Katie was beside herself with excitement. She'd never been there before, but had been asking about it for a while now. Turns out she's got some talent for skee ball!
Anyway, on our way over there, Regina called the cell phone to tell us she just saw a tiny mouse scampering across the floor in the apartment! At first she thought it was the biggest cock roach she'd ever seen, but quickly realized it was a mouse. Our two cats proved to be useless in capturing the critter. They spotted him and ran to see what it was, but the mouse quickly escaped and hasn't been seen since.
I thought it was funny that while Regina was at home being spooked by a baby mouse, we were on our way to a pizza joint whose mascot is a huge mouse, and I was wearing a mickey mouse sweatshirt. That's why it was all about the mouse today!
1 comment:
I imagine Regina didn't rest until SOMETHING was done about the mouse!! I hope you find it and show it to freedom :) before the cats eat it.
Post a Comment