The other day I was browsing the bulk food section at PCC and came across a bin of quinoa. I'd heard about it from Dr. Oz on Oprah a while back, but never got around to looking for it. He raved about how nutritious it is and highly recommended it.
Today I had some for lunch and discovered that I like it. I mixed it up with black beans and cheese, like you would rice. In fact, you cook it like you do rice, and I imagine you can do all the same things with it that you would do with rice, and it's better for you. It's especially great for vegetarians because it is high in protein, compared to other grains like rice. Although I read that it's not technically a grain, but it's treated like one.
I fixed it again for dinner, but this time l wanted to see how it would turn out in the rice cooker. It came out perfectly cooked. I mixed it up with ham and asparagus, and a little soy sauce. Yummy!
1 comment:
If it turns out that he need to eliminate wheat or other carbs, this sounds like a good solution! I can't wait to try it.
Post a Comment