Monday, April 14, 2008

Ice Princess, Gym Bucks, Ironing!

That's what my day consists of so far. Oh, that and finally talking to Bonnie on the phone, after playing phone tag. And, while I was on the phone, I glanced outside and noticed it was hailing! Tiny little white balls of ice, falling hard, bouncing all over the new plants I transplanted on Saturday! It was 70 degrees and sunny on Saturday, but today, just 48 hours later, it seems like I must have been dreaming or hallucinating, or maybe just living in Seattle. I don't mind though, really.

Anyway, last night Katie and I went to the mall. We went into Gymboree, armed with $50 worth of "Gym Bucks". If you have kids, you probably already know about these coupons. You earn them when you buy stuff and then you redeem them later during about a 10 period when the store says you can. If the Gym Buck is worth $25, you have to buy $50 worth of stuff. So basically, you're getting %50 off. I like that a lot. So, I picked out $100 worth of clothing for Katie and paid only $50. I like that a lot! And, you can pick things that are already marked down, if you like. I like that even better! So, that's what I did. The only problem is that we picked out things that need to be ironed. I haven't ironed in ages, until now! And, it's not even for me! I'm ironing for my 4-year-old! Crazy. Note to self: Never again buy a shirt with ruffles all over it that isn't wrinkle-free. But, geez, it's soooo cute! Maybe if I hang it to dry next time I won't have to iron it.

I mention Ice Princess because it is what I'm watching on TV while I iron. It's a cute movie I recorded on Disney Channel (yep, I'm watching a kid's movie). Joan Cusack is in it and I love her. Kim Catrell (from Sex in the City) is also in it and it's nice to see her in a role where she's not using her annoying high society accent (I don't know how else to describe how she talks in Sex in the City, but it always irritated me.) I am actually enjoying watching Kim in this movie.

Okay, that's it for now. Sorry I've been absent. I promise to post more often.

No comments: