Friday, April 4, 2008

First Post-Op Visit With My Doctor

Today was my first visit to see the doctor after surgery. It was an uncomfortable visit, though not necessarily painful. She used an endoscope to take a look around my sinuses and she also used a tiny suction tube to remove mucus and dried blood that could potentially get in the way of proper healing. Overall, she was pleased with how things looked and said I should heal just fine.

I asked for more pain medicine since I've almost finished what she gave me last week. I figure why not? Why be in pain when I don't have to be? But I know, it's gonna be a sad day when I run out and she won't refill again. I guess I should start weaning off of them now. ~sigh~ It's amazing how quickly it becomes a habit to take something like that, especially when it works well. Now I'm at the point in recovery when I need to pay better attention to whether or not I really need another dose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suzie, Glad the healing process is right on track! It sounds as though you're doing great. Keep it up!