Katie's cell phone drawings.
Katie has also asked some interesting questions in the last couple of days. She usually brings things up in the car when I'm driving her to or from school.
Yesterday, she wanted to know if there is also a "seeing part" on the back side of our eyeballs. She thought that if there were, she should be able to see what it looks like on the inside of her head! Good idea, I told her, but our eyes have a "seeing part" only on the front.
This morning she wanted to know about how the world began. After I finished explaining my take on it, she wanted to know if the world will ever end. I said yes, but not in our lifetime. It's not something we need to worry about. However, she reminded me that she plans on living forever, so she will be around to see it, but would rather not see that happen. So then I proceeded to talk about how we all die, but many people believe we will be reunited in heaven. So, although our bodies die, we live on in heaven, with all the people we love. She liked this idea. Then she wanted to know how we get to heaven. I said although we don't know for sure, there are some people who have died for a few minutes but were saved by doctors, and they all talk about a tunnel of light that leads us to heaven.
This was one of the few conversations where she actually let me talk, uninterrupted, while she listened. We're still working on teaching her that interrupting is not ok, so usually I don't get to finish what I'm saying. Except for today. She actually wanted to hear my answer! Tough subject, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment