Sunday, March 29, 2009

Road Trip With My Mom

Tolovana Beach State Park, Northern Oregon Coast

My Mom and I left the apartment at about 10:30am and drove a 235-mile loop today. We took highway 30 west to the coast where we turned south on 101 and spent some time at Fort Clatsop learning a little bit about Lewis and Clark and their Native American guide, Sacagawea.

We continued south on the Pacific Coast Highway 101 and ended up in Seaside, Oregon. We walked on the beach, browsed through a couple of the shops and ate dinner at Dooger's Seafood and Grill.

After dinner, we made our way to Tolovana Beach State Park where we photographed the gorgeous sunset over the ocean.

Highway 26 east took us back to Portland and we were home by about 8:30pm. It was a good day, but I'm exhausted and ready for bed! Signing off ~

1 comment:

Melanie Ostergard said...

Wow, I want to see more pictures. It sounds like a long, but beautiful drive. What did you think of Fort Clatsop? I haven't been back since they rebuilt the fort after the first one burned down.