Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Quick Trip To The Store... NOT

When Suzie left to go to Seattle, Katie and I thought we would run to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I promised Katie that it would be a quick trip. Just before we get to the grocery store my car beeps at me. I already have to go get it serviced because the driver's side door is not "connected" (my technical term) to the car and sending signals correctly (I can't open windows, move mirrors, unlock doors or get the inside car lights to register to turn off when you start the car). Since the inside lights won't go out after the car starts, I had to turn them off. The impact to turning them off is that all of the dashboard lights go off along with the overhead reading lights. When the car beeped, I couldn't see that it was telling me my left rear tire was low and getting lower.

The car beeped again as I was parking the car at Albertsons (grocery store). I worked my way around to Katie's door, and as soon as I opened her door I could hear this loud hissing sound. I knew it was coming from my tire as it was also visibly lower. I then looked at the tire gage light in the car. It was dim but I could now see that the tire pressure was 22 instead of 32. I told Katie to stay in her seat and that we were going to drive down the street to a tire store (lucky for me there is one just a mile down the road). By the time we got there, the tire pressure was 11!

We had to wait an hour, but they then quickly patched it up and we were out of there in an hour and twenty minutes. Katie did well waiting as they had free popcorn, we got a soda and someone had a dog! She got to pet the golden colored dog (lab I think) and watch her for about 30 minutes! Perfect timing for me as we had just finished the popcorn and Katie was starting to get restless. I got to watch the end of the first football game so the wait wasn't too bad. I can't believe how busy tire places are -- they are at least every time I go to them.

We quickly headed back to the grocery store and got home just as it was getting dark. So much for a quick trip out!

Oops... I just realized that I am logged in as Suzie! It is really Regina & Katie.

No comments: