The whole day today was spent at sea. Our first port of call will be tomorrow.
First thing today after eating a buffet breakfast in the Garden Cafe, we checked Katie in at the playroom. Her favorite thing. And I'm glad about that so I don't feel guilty putting her in there so much!
Today we actually went to the fitness room and worked out! I did 25 minutes on the eliptical and I think Regina did about the same.
At 11am we went to a polital panel about Relationship Recognition and the State of our Movement. It was hosted by the Family Equality Council and offered a political update on the GLBT marriage movement. One of the speakers on the panel was the woman whose partner suffered a fatal stroke the day before they were to leave on the R Family cruise out of Miami in February last year. They were very clearly discriminated against by the hospital staff because of sexual orientation. Right up front, a hospital representative announced to the patient's partner and their kids that Florida is NOT a gay-friendly state and that they would not be allowed to see the patient because they are not considered to be her family. I'm happy to say they are suing.
The show tonight was Sheena Easton. Remember her? I know, she's no longer a big name entertainer. But, I remember her from my teenage years when she was a huge star. It was an entertaining stroll down memory lane.
No comments:
Post a Comment