Sunday, October 24, 2010

Skate Date at Skate King

On this rainy Seattle afternoon, I invited Katie to go skating at Skate King in Bellevue. It was "Family Afternoon" so there were lots of kids there and 2 or 3 birthday parties in progress. I liked it, though, because they left the lighting on most of the time. I know I'm not a young chick anymore when a simple thing like dimming the lights and turning on those (irritating) disco balls totally throws me off. I guess the dim part is okay, it's the rotating reflections on the floor created by the disco balls that mess me up when I'm skating over them. I'm only a mediocre skater, so I guess that, combined with fading youth totally work against me when they fire up the disco balls. But, I didn't give up. I kept skating, anyway, being careful to stay out of the way of the expert skaters while also dodging the little ones and other beginners whose feet fall out from underneath them at a moment's notice, making them nothing but a dangerous speed bump in my path I had to avoid quickly! Whew. I'm happy to report though, both Katie and I remained upright the whole time and had fun.



No comments: