Monday, December 7, 2009

DAY 1 - VA to WA

Yesterday, Regina and Katie flew back to Seattle. Katie has to be back in school today. I stayed behind to drive Betty's (Regina's Mom) car back to Seattle. Now that it's been 6 months since her stroke this summer, it's pretty clear she won't be driving anymore. Betty's car is brand new, so Regina and I will buy it from her to replace ours which we are ready to trade in anyway.

Regina and Edy went through Betty's house and packed the car with as many of her things as they thought she could still use. Betty will move in with us as soon as we have made some changes in the house necessary to accomodate her immobility.

I started driving today, but got a later start than I had anticipated. Didn't leave Edy's house until about 1pm. Drove 391 miles, 6 hours on the road, from Waynesboro, VA to Lexington, KY. Tonight I'm crashing at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Lexington.

No comments: