Saturday, November 8, 2008

Today we saw Hood River, Oregon

Mel, Court and their family visited Hood River to stock up on local fruit canned nearby. Hood River, we learned, is only about an hour drive from our location here in Portland, so we decided to take advantage of the opportunity to see them. This morning we loaded up the car and headed east on highway 84 through the Columbia River Gorge. Boy, talk about a beautiful drive! The fall foliage is out in full color, but it was raining most of the time, so I failed to get any still shots or good video of its glory. Anyway, we ate lunch together and walked around the shops a little bit before it was time to hit the road. It was such a treat to get to see them, especially since we're now spending most of our time down here in Portland and they live in the Seattle area. I used to go over there every week and spend several hours visiting and playing with the babies. I really miss being able to do that.

Below are a couple of pictures of Katie I took today. In the first one she's modeling this new outfit we got her last night. I just love dressing her. Everything looks good on her slender little 4-year-old body! The second picture is Katie on the foyer floor putting together her new 100-piece puzzle. She really enjoys putting puzzles together and this one is her biggest challenge thus far.



P.S. What do you think... should we get a puppy? And if so, what kind?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know me!! I say go for it!! The only problem is when you go away for the weekend! Regina can walk the dog on her new walking regime..what a motivation.